Employee Housing Attendant - Year Round
Company: Winter Park Resort
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Please note, this position is located at Winter Park Resort in
Winter Park, CO.
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major
mountain destination to Denver. Don't be fooled by our convenient
location, though... you'll feel remotely tucked away in our
high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000
acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and
an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are
fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just
wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome
experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain
lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase
new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the
adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are
looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies
or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We
work to play... Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There's more than a free season pass waiting for
you! You don't just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience
and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you'll enjoy a variety of
perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and
seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
The Employee Housing Attendant is a key position for the Employee
Housing department as the position supports housing needs. The
Attendant will complete mud-season deep cleaning, move-out
inspections & mid-season cleaning, Lodge cleaning, monthly
inspections, property assistance, reliable lock-out assistance,
light maintenance responsibilities. S/he must present themselves in
a cordial and orderly manner. S/he must follow all Winter Park
policies and procedures, all applicable laws (federal, state, and
local), and all health and sanitation codes.
- Clean all common areas of the lodge properties, 2-3 times each
lodge per week. Including, but not limited to; kitchen, shared
bathrooms, dining area, living area, hallways, stairwells, laundry,
- Empty all trash and waste containers and take to
- During winter season, clean properties that are vacated.
- Order cleaning and paper supplies and restock properties as
- Conduct stock inventory at properties and restock as
- Deliver supplies to lodges including cleaning equipment,
bedding, kitchenware, vacuums, mattress protectors, shower curtains
- Conduct monthly inspections of units and partial move out
inspections as needed. Submit completed forms to the employee
- Between Winter & Summer seasons will perform a thorough
property flip for all vacated housing properties including, but not
limited to deep clean (floors, walls, windows, doors, furniture and
fixtures), carpet cleaning painting (as needed), light maintenance
- Responsible for all business hour lock-out calls.
- Identify maintenance needs and report to the Employee Housing
- Snow removal as assigned.
- Minor repairs when assigned.
- Minor maintenance of all equipment.
- Lifting and moving furnishings and supplies.
- Maintain a friendly and helpful attitude while dealing with
- Report any unsafe conditions observed in the employee housing
- Must be able to work additional hours, and respond to last
minute schedule changes, as demands require.
- Work schedule is 8 hours/day, 5 days/week.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
This job description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job
tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and
position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School or GED [General Education Development - High School
- Cleaning / janitorial / facilities experience preferred
Qualifications and Skills:
- Cleaning equipment
- Disinfectants, cleansers, pesticides
- Paper, soap, and chemical dispensers
- Hand tools
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily - reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1/3 of the physical environment in which these position works
is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind,
rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning,
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered
to be high. Often lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or
hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and
painting Ultra Violet radiation from the sun enhanced through lack
of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in
activities ranging from cleaning to painting to fabrication of
metal products. Noise generated by snow blower and tools may
require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual
functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution
of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may
change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During
these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and
willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer
others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of
Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation
of the resort and its associated lines of business.
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of
Winter Park Resorts' hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay
will vary and may be above or below the range based on various
factors including but not limited to experience, education,
training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts'
total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include
many region-specific benefits.
hourly pay range: $19- $24
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is
dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any
term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate
against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex,
color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by
state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park
Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including
selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination,
and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way
states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in
this position. I understand that this document does not create an
employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will"
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Boulder , Employee Housing Attendant - Year Round, Other , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!