Network Expense Analyst
Company: Zayo Group
Posted on: September 5, 2020
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world s most
impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming
our society. Zayo s 133,000-mile network in North America and
Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of
buildings and data centers. Zayo s communications infrastructure
solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths,
Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo
owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data
centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency
private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public
cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers,
media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large
This position is primarily responsible for all Network Expense
tracking and accuracy. Through research and analyzing accounting
data; which includes report creation, audits, and cross functional
collaboration. Seeking a creative problem solver with strong work
ethic and the ability to learn quickly with a self-starter
* Maintain inventory of all circuits and MACD activity.
* Reconcile/identify discrepancies in cost reduction.
* Responsible for identifying cost reduction opportunities, and
escalating opportunities to management.
* Review and approve vendor invoices for payment with proper
General Ledger coding.
* Interpret and compare invoiced services against quoted contract
rates/tariffs and internal inventory.
* Track and resolve billing disputes/discrepancies with various
carriers; present escalation issues, status reports and findings to
* Account reconciliation: research past due balances to ensure they
are cleared in a timely manner.
* Understand and interpret Interconnection Agreements, Tariff
documents, and contracts.
* Work with cross-functional teams within the organization for
validation of costs and accurate Salesforce data.
* Provide financial support and data analysis.
* Bachelor s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university;
or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
* Knowledge of Salesforce and TEOCO (telecom expense management
* Microsoft Excel skills required.
* Accounting/accounts payable experience preferred.
* Experience creating and maintaining financial reports.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
* Excellent communication skills.
* Curiosity and creative problem-solving skills
* Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k),
disability and life insurance
* Fitness membership discounts
* Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran
EEO IS THE LAW Zayo invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company s written Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is
available for inspection upon request by emailing our People Ops
Keywords: Zayo Group, Boulder , Network Expense Analyst, Professions , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!