IT Business Analyst (Contract to Hire - located in Boulder, CO)
Company: The Doyle Group
Posted on: April 10, 2021
**NO 3rd Party at this time The Information Technology (IT)
Business Analyst conducts the analysis of business processes and
assists in implementing information-based solutions to meet
business needs.The IT Business Analyst collects information and
facilitates conversations with stakeholders to identify changes or
improvements to the existing functionality. The IT Business
Analysis builds relationships between IT and other departments.The
IT Business Analyst may train staff and monitor the activities of
other employees, act as a project manager, and possess broad
business acumen related to technology and/or regulations,
ordinances or requirements related to processes at hand.The IT
Business Analysts may be active in enterprise-wide and
multi-departmental business processes along with business processes
within a single department. An ideal fit for this position is
someone who loves helping others solve their complex problems.
Someone who enjoys learning new process, identifying significance,
documenting effectiveness, communicating results, and driving to a
schedule are requirements for success on our team.The best IT
Business Analysts thrive on delivering value to the department,
organization, and communities we serve. This is a high visibility
role interacting with various leadership teams and representing the
Innovation and Technology department at many levels across the
organization. General business acumen, continual learning, "A+"
customer service, and solid presentation/communication ability are
critical skills for this role. The successful candidate who brings
the right combination of passion, skills, and experience will get
an opportunity to work with equally focused professionals in an
exciting fast paced environment. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:1.
Business Analysis. Responsible for collecting data and conducting
- Document and verify business requirements using various data
- Plans, schedules, facilitates and documents stakeholder needs
- Performs current state and needs assessments
- Performs gap analysis
- Identifies future state business, functional and technical
needs in collaboration with stakeholders
- Facilitates evaluation of technology systems and options,
documenting differences, tradeoffs and analysis
- Document's business processes in support of system procurements
with stakeholders as directed.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the business process and
- Prepares requirements and use cases.2. Project Management. Act
as a Project Manager for system implementations and upgrades or
other assignments. This includes, but is not limited to the
- May interact with all levels of the organization
- Participates / Facilitates RFP/RFI/RFQ process
- Assists in the development and management of project management
documents including requirements, charters, risk and issue logs,
communication and change management plans, status reports and other
project documents as required.
- Assists in the facilitation of vendor contracts as
- Manages all aspects of a project lifecycle including planning,
design, development, testing, deployment and change management
- Identifies and communicates project risks, issues and
dependencies to stakeholder
- Manages project oversight and escalation processes3. Business
Processes and Procedures. Enthusiastic to apply knowledge and
skills to collaborate, promote, develop and recommend changes in
operations, processes and procedures, as necessary.
- Facilitate implementation and management of the process
- Assess, manage, and track business process improvement results
including cost, efficiency and effectiveness changes.
- Dissects current process into process steps, customers,
stakeholders, inputs, outputs and results.
- Proactively identifies and assesses:
- Strengths and weakness in the current state;
- Recurrent or systemic process issues;
- Critical gaps of procedures and/or functionality and potential
risks and opportunities
- Potential and actual trade-offs.
- Develops documentation of future state design changes and
needs.4. Professional Skills. This includes, but is not limited to
- Interface with staff at all levels within the organization
- Translate and present basic technical concepts into practical
business terms for staff and leaders both small and large group
- Think analytically and creatively to solve problems.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and colleagues.5.
Customer Service. Both individually and as a member of the I&T
department team, sets an example for responsiveness, collaboration,
work effort, dedication, mature and proactive communication and
conflict resolution, all in solving customers' problems and
understanding their short and long term needs. This includes, but
is not limited to the following:
- Recommends or makes decisions to allocate and schedule short
and long-term planning activities.
- Builds strong relationships with stakeholders and communicates
and collaborates with external and internal customers.
- Demonstrates commitment, attention to detail, organization and
follow through6. Other. This includes, but is not limited to the
- Performs related duties as required to meet the needs of the
- Takes proper safety precautions to prevent accidents.
Responsible for the safety of self, others, materials, and
equipment. Uses all required safety equipment and follows all
safety regulations, policies and procedures. Reports all accidents
and damage to property.
- Responsible for knowing and complying with all organization and
department policies; and adhering to attendance and workplace
attire policies. QUALIFICATIONS: REQUIRED MINIMUM
QUALIFICATIONS:Bachelors degree with at least four years of work
experience and competency in business analysis, familiarity with
formal project management practices, enterprise technology support,
and/or software application development. Ability to work
independently with minimal supervision to meet deadlines. Have and
maintain acceptable background information including criminal
conviction record.DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS - In addition to the
required minimum qualifications:PMI-PBA certification, Six Sigma
certification and/or CAPM desired. ITIL training. Experience in a
formal project management team environment. Experience working in
an innovation department or team. Work experience with a
public-sector employer. - provided by Dice
Keywords: The Doyle Group, Boulder , IT Business Analyst (Contract to Hire - located in Boulder, CO), Professions , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!