Company: Particle Measuring Systems
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Do you want to be part of a business that genuinely values
entrepreneurialism , innovation and individual accountability? We
focus on our customers and are proud of the difference our
technology makes. We partner with some of the biggest manufacturing
companies in the world and our technical innovations are used to
enhance well-known brands across multiple industries.Particle
Measuring Systems (PMS) sets the standard for cleanroom
contamination monitoring. With more than 60 patents, we create the
technology that enables our customers to make fact-based decisions,
improve process yields and comply with ever-changing regulatory
requirements.The RoleAs the Electrical Engineer you'll develop
innovative electronic hardware designs for our product portfolio,
which includes air, gas, and liquid particle counters for the
semiconductor, aerospace, and life sciences industries. You'll
participate in and collaborate with cross-functional project team
members in a matrix environment developing complex
electromechanical product designs through our stage/gate
commercialization process.Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Discover and capture requirements in conversations with
stakeholders within and external to the company and decompose those
requirements into technical specifications and end-product.
- Bring knowledge of new development tools & analysis methods and
use that knowledge to design innovative solutions that delight our
- Work to achieve defined cost, schedule, and performance
requirements for the hardware designs you develop.
- Collaborate with peers, project team members, and your
functional manager in developing best-in-class hardware designs
that meet and exceed performance requirements.Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Five or more years of experience in electronic hardware
- Working knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout CAD
tools, Spice based circuit simulation and modeling tools.
- Knowledge of microprocessor circuitry design and attached
peripherals such as DDR memory, FPGAs, and Ethernet Phys.
- Strong understanding of basic analog circuit design, such as op
amp circuits, ADCs, DACs, and DC/DC converter circuitry.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary engineering
environment on electromechanical systems controlled by embedded
firmware and application software.
- Familiarity with laboratory tools such as oscilloscopes, signal
generators, and logic & protocol analyzers. Ability to perform
electronic hardware troubleshooting on both new and legacy product
- Familiarity with ISO, CE, ETL, and other international
requirements and standards.
- Self-starter and capable of working with minimal supervision.
Ability to multi-task and provide technical expertise across
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to write technical reports, summarize data, and create
technical specifications.These additional desired skills would be a
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Laser-based optics experience
- WiFi and Bluetooth development
- Mentor xDx Designer CAD
- Six Sigma or DFSS experience. Knowledge of failure analysis
methodologies such as DFMEA, fishbone, cause/effect, and 5-Whys.The
Nuts and BoltsLocation - This is an "in-office" position 75-100% of
the time with Covid precautions being taken. The location of this
position is in Boulder, CO. The remainder of the time you may work
from home. These percentages are targets with the actual schedule
to be determined in conjunction with the Manager's expectations for
the position. Relocation may be offered for this role, but local
candidates will receive first consideration.2021 Benefits
At-a-GlanceParticle Measuring Systems recognizes the importance of
providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package to our
employees. With our parent company, Spectris, we have developed a
benefits package that delivers quality and value, while satisfying
the diverse needs of our workforce.
- Medical - Two PPO plan options through Anthem Blue Cross/Blue
- Dental - Two plan options through Delta Dental; PPO and
- Vision - through VSP
- Flexible Spending Account - Health Care and Dependent Care
- 401(k) - dollar-for-dollar match for the first 4%, 50 cents for
each dollar on the next 2%, Match is 100% vested on date of
- Employer Paid Benefits: Basic Life and AD&D;Pay
Range$81,600 - $125,350How we determine what we pay (compensation
philosophy)Particle Measuring Systems determines pay for positions
using local, national, and industry-specific survey data, for the
Boulder, Colorado area. We will evaluate external equity, which is
the relative marketplace job worth of jobs directly comparable to
jobs within our company.For new hires, we strive to make
competitive offers between the minimum and midpoint of our
established pay ranges. This allows the new employee room for
future merit increases during review cycles. There may be times
when we will offer above the midpoint. The decision to do so will
be based on the applicant's level of experience, education, and
specialized knowledge and skills. Additionally, we consider the
external market rate, the amount we have budgeted internally, and
the compensation rates of the employees within the company doing
the same position. An employee/candidate with a stronger skill set
will receive higher pay.Particle Measuring Systems is proud to be
an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Particle Measuring Systems, Boulder , Electrical Engineer, Professions , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!