ANALYST - ENGINEER - MISSION OPERATIONS - BOULDER, COLORADO
Company: Southwest Research Institute
Posted on: September 15, 2022
Who We Are: Space Science and Engineering is a recognized leader
in space science research and spacecraft instrumentation, avionics,
and electronics. The Mission Operations section operates spacecraft
and instrumentation to aid scientists in revealing the secrets of
the Earth, solar system, and universe. Objectives of this Role:
- This position would assist in the leading of the Mission
Operations section which operates the CYGNSS constellation and will
launch the PUNCH mission.
- The individual will also assist the department in writing
future mission proposals to grow the Mission Operations section.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Daily operations of 8 spacecraft.
- Assist with Command Uploads, Data downlink, spacecraft health
and trending. Perform trending and analysis of spacecraft/payload
performance and assist with anomaly investigations
- Work with Mission Planning, Flight Controller teams in
successful operation of spacecraft.
- Assist with monthly report generation for NASA and other
- Perform software updates to mission planning, data processing,
command, control, and telemetry system.
- Improve Mission Operations by evaluating deficiencies, new
requirements, and participate in proposals for future
- Assist with requirements verification and validation.
- Support integration and test of spacecraft. Requirements:
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Aerospace Engineering,
Physics, Astronomy, Applied Mathematics, or Engineering
- Shift work is needed during spacecraft testing, launch and
- 0-2 years: Mission Operations and Science Operations Special
Requirements: Work assignment is in Boulder, Colorado. Must be a
U.S. person (i.e., U.S. citizen, non-U.S. citizen national, lawful
permanent resident, asylee, or refugee) due to ITAR work in
section. Job Locations: Boulder, Colorado Salary Range: $59,883.00
- $99,819.00 For more information about this division, visit the
home page. For benefits information at our San Antonio location,
click . For benefits information at all other locations, click . An
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National
Origin/Disabled/Veteran Committed to Diversity in the Workplace If
you need assistance with completing the application, please Label
As required by Executive Order 14042, all SwRI employees are
required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such
exceptions as required by law. If selected for employment, you will
be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit
documentation of proof of vaccination by December 8, 2021, or
before reporting to work with SwRI if after December 8, 2021. SwRI
will provide additional information regarding what information or
documentation will be needed and how you can request of SwRI a
legally required exception from this requirement. //
Keywords: Southwest Research Institute, Boulder , ANALYST - ENGINEER - MISSION OPERATIONS - BOULDER, COLORADO, Professions , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!