Low Voltage Technician I
Company: E2 Optics
Posted on: November 17, 2022
E2 Optics is an award-winning, Woman-Owned technology
integrator, headquartered in Denver, Colorado. We help clients
deploy remarkably efficient solutions that are modern, turnkey, and
minimize operational costs. We design low voltage solutions that
seamlessly integrate audiovisual, physical security, structured
cabling, and wireless solutions, including DAS and WiFi systems.
Our experience spans Enterprise and Government clients within the
Energy, Finance, Health Care, Higher Education, Manufacturing,
Media & Communications, and Transportation industries. Our Core
Values, which are built around Safety, guide our business,
employees, and relationships with customers and partners. We
embrace these values to be a better business and better people,
while having fun in the process. As a result, we've set a new
standard, and our clients have made E2 Optics one of America's
largest and fastest-growing companies.
Working as a member of a project team, the Technician I is
primarily responsible for enhancing over-all job site productivity
and ensuring high-quality work. The Technician will work with
multiple aspects of the cable installation process including RFID,
CAT5, CAT6, fiber, rack, stack, patch, pathway construction,
rough-in, routing, Telecommunication Room build-out, cable
terminations, labeling, and grounding. The Technician's goal is to
complete tasks with a high degree of quality and efficiency, while
practicing professionalism for optimal job performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safety is E2's number one Core Value. Follow safe work
practices and company and client work site policies.
- Promotes company Core Values to foster and safeguard
- Installation of structured cabling systems including all
aspects of the installation process.
- Reads and interprets all floor plans, drawings, specifications,
and cut sheets.
- Properly sets up a variety of testers.
- Performs system testing and troubleshooting as
- Terminates, labels, tests and troubleshoots structure cabling
- Proactively oversee and lead job site organization and basic
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Maintain satisfactory compliance with customer security
- Excel in technical tasks such as testing and
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum 2 - 5 years' work experience in Structured Cabling or
related industry/construction experience.
- Able to distinguish color codes
POSITION BONUS ATTRIBUTES
- Hands on experience with fiber and copper
- Hands on experience with security devices for access control,
intrusion detection and CCTV installations/projects
- Hands on experience with DAS/Wireless projects
- Hands on experience with AV projects
- Obtain company approved (manufacturer) certifications
- Obtain BICSI Installer either Level 1 or Level 2
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Self-motivated and excellent work ethic that aligns with E2's
- Solid team player exhibiting E2's core values of
accountability, collaboration, integrity and respect.
- Must possess proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking
skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral
- Ability to understand and effectively explain every aspect of
the structured cabling system. including pathways, spaces,
horizontal cabling, backbone copper, backbone fiber optic, cross-
and inter-connections, and testing. This includes understanding
applicable codes, standards, and industry-best practices and the
ability to differentiate between them and make
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office including
- Ability to choose the correct tool and methodology for a given
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning from senior team
- Ability to listen carefully to and follow
- Demonstrated team work and versatility in integrating into
multiple work environments.
- Exhibit a positive attitude.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to distinguish color codes and read a tape
- Must be able to meet E2's driving standards policy.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The standard work environment for this position is an indoors
business office and construction environment. Ability to use a
computer and/or hand tools while sitting or standing for extended
periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit, talk or hear, use hands, stoop, kneel,
bend, rotate, push, pull, reach with hands and arms on intermittent
to regular basis daily. The employee is frequently required to
stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to
50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The
employee must regularly carry and climb ladders to 20 feet. The
employee may be required to work in tight, confined spaces. The
employee must demonstrate regular and on-time attendance. There
could be a requirement of occasional travel by conventional means
including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region
and to other locations as required. The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: E2 Optics, Boulder , Low Voltage Technician I, Professions , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!