New Mexico Manufacturing Technician Internship
Posted on: November 17, 2022
If you are a "hands on" person and you like the rush and excitement
of producing the technology that will enable the life of every
person on earth, keep reading!
The New Mexico Disaggregation Manufacturing Organization (NMDMO)
plant in Rio Rancho, New Mexico has a year-round studentship
program for students interested in working as a Manufacturing
Technician. Join us and help us create the next generation of
technologies that will shape the future for decades to come. You
will be in a fast paced and challenging environment performing
functions associated with wafer movement within our NM
The position is part-time (20-32 hours a week during the school
year, up to 40 hours a week on breaks/summers) with flexible hours
around a student's school schedule while still in alignment with a
one of the following factory shifts:
- Sunday through Tuesday (every other Wednesday) 7AM to 7PM
- Thursday through Saturday (every other Wednesday) 7AM to
- Sunday through Tuesday (every other Saturday) 7PM to 7AM
- Wednesday through Friday (every other Saturday) 7PM to 7AM In
this position your responsibilities will include, but not be
- The position will be hands-on, training on site with factory
- Perform functions associated with all wafer production
including operations, equipment, process, and training.
- Run product in safe and qualitative manner, multi-tasking,
following procedures while executing to output goals.
- Equipment maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, defect
reduction, and other duties as required, supporting fab
- Work from technical manuals, specifications, drawings/diagrams,
schematics, as well as follow, comprehend, and complete verbal and
written instructions and procedures.
- Deliver a clear and concise pass down to peers and participate
in resolving sustaining issues.
- Communicate with people in different levels of the organization
including module technicians, managers, engineers, and others as
needed. The candidate should also exhibit the following behavioral
traits or skills:
- Adaptive to new technology and welcome change.
- Set challenging goals, fearless and inform risk taker.
Self-motivated with little supervision. Hold yourself accountable
- Analytical thinking that recognizes obstacles and escalates
them for resolution.
- Strong communication skills to your customers - including clear
communication via phone, text, or email.
- Strong emphasis on multi-tasking. Monitor screens of detailed
information and maintain focus while working in fast paced and
rapidly changing environment; manage priorities and taking
direction from multiple stakeholders to execute a concise plan.
Switching back and forth between tasks and effectively performing
different tasks rapidly.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in all circumstances.
This position is located in Rio Rancho, New Mexico relocation will
not be offered for this position.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially
considered for this position. Relevant experience can be obtained
through schoolwork, classes and project work, internships, military
training, and/or work experience.
- Actively enrolled and progressing as a student pursuing an AAS
Degree or certification in a STEM, Technical or related field. For
example, plumbing, welding, electrical, mechanics (diesel, car,
avionics), HVAC, water treatment, life safety systems, robotics,
instrumental, machinist, Microelectronics, Electronic Engineering
- 1+ month of experience with basic Microsoft applications, ex:
- Willing to work at least 20 hours per week during one of the
- Must be willing to lift up to 35 pounds (18 kgs) 4 times a day.
This position requires frequent standing, walking, bending, and
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing
coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves.
- This position is not eligible for employment-based
visa/immigration sponsorship. Intel sponsors individuals for
employment-based visas for positions where we experience a shortage
of US Workers. These skills shortage roles are typically STEM
contributing positions requiring a Master's or PhD degree, or a
Bachelor's degree with three years' related job experience. This
position does not qualify for Intel Sponsorship because it is
either (1) a non-STEM contributing position, or (2) a STEM position
that only requires a Bachelor's degree and less than three years'
experience. Preferred Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge on any of the following areas: electronics,
equipment troubleshooting, installation, repair and
- Experience performing hands-on, auto repair, welding,
soldering, robotics, crafting.
- Preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment.
- Work experience in a team environment.
- Experience with schematics and drawings/diagrams and Integrated
circuit fabrication.Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make
every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art from
semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield
improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world
class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the
Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a
worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and
assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of
Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against
COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal, state, and local laws and as a
contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates
that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance
about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex,
national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability,
medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran
status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic
protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in
the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and
benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits
This role will require an on-site presence.
Keywords: INTEL, Boulder , New Mexico Manufacturing Technician Internship, Professions , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!