Associate Construction Project Manager - Renewable Energy
Company: Scout Clean Energy, LLC
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Position SummaryAs Scout's Associate Construction Project
Manager - Renewable Energy, you will play a pivotal role in the
assisting the construction of utility-scale solar, wind, and energy
storage projects. You will be involved in all phases of facility
construction, from pre-construction design and planning through
commissioning and closeout and have an exciting opportunity to
learn about the construction of renewable energy technologies.Your
attention to detail, passion for the renewable industry, and
ability to concurrently drive multiple work streams forward to meet
deadlines will be key to your success. Your desire to learn about
utility-scale solar and wind plants and your ability to collaborate
with a wide range of audiences with varying technical proficiency
will determine your effectiveness in this role.During the
pre-construction phase of a project, you will:Use your technical
knowledge and practical experience to support the Scout team's
approach to developing and advancing solar, wind and storage
project facilities, including:
- Interface with Engineering, Development, Procurement, and
Finance to optimize project design, including site selection,
constructability reviews, interconnection options, and review of
- Attend site visits and provide feedback and reporting regarding
site constructability and siting of infrastructure for greenfield
and development projects.
- Support Development efforts, including permitting efforts and
attending meetings with landowners and other project
- Assemble infrastructure (roads, collection system) layouts
utilizing Google Earth for estimating purposes.
- Maintain the construction pricing databases with the latest
construction project pricing.
- Develop schedules using Microsoft Project.
- Develop cost estimates with the assistance of the EPC team for
wind and solar projects, and communicate the results to the
- Working with Owner's engineer to obtain a review on engineering
submittals provided by the construction contractor. Track and
ensure comments are addressed.
- Contact and work with vendors to obtain pricing for services
such as geotechnical studies, transportation studies, etc.
- Assemble and organize documents for use in contract
- Assist Project Manager with answering due diligence questions
by Independent Engineers, financing partners, or potential project
- Assist Project Manager with assembling and evaluating RFPs for
- Assemble bid comparisons and provide an analysis for the
recommended selection with the oversite of a Project Manager or VP
of Construction.During project construction, you will:Support the
Project Manager and coordination of the activities at the project
site with key counterparties, including BOS/BOP contractor,
equipment suppliers, construction services and related work,
- Assist with updating weekly reports for construction
- Attend construction site visits and producing a report on
- Update scheduling software to track the status of construction
projects. Identify critical path activities.
- Assist project managers with tracking and managing
- Interface with on-site project personnel to obtain information
on the status of the project.
- Attend project status conference calls alongside the Project
- Review receiving and other quality control documentation from
the project site and assemble reports in Excel as necessary to
support the Project Manager.
- Update the Project schedule in Microsoft Project
- Assist with tracking change orders and expenses against the
construction contracts to support the Project Manager.
- Take meeting notes and distribute meeting minutes and action
- Maintain project records.Qualifications & Critical
SkillsEducational Background and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited College or University with
an engineering, construction management, or relevant technical
- 2+ years of experience as an assistant project manager, project
coordinator, or project engineer, or progressing positions in solar
and/or wind construction.Who you are:
- Strong desire to gain knowledge of the key value drivers for
renewable power projects.
- Familiarity with utility-scale solar and/or wind energy
construction contracts desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational,
project management, problem-solving and team-building skills.
- Ability to solve problems and make informed decisions
- MS Office, MS Project, and document management systems (e.g.,
- Creating and managing schedules using MS Project.
- Adept at the use of Google Earth. Understanding of ArcGIS or
GlobalMapper a plus.Work Environment and Work Style:
- Ability to represent Scout in a professional manner and
communicate clearly with stakeholders, both internally and
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with
colleagues both virtually and in person are essential.
- Experience working with cross-functional internal and external
technical advisors and stakeholders.
- Comfortable working in a flat organization, successfully
leveraging the expertise of multiple colleagues in different lines
of reporting.Additional Qualifications:
- Must have a valid current driver license, and be able to travel
and perform field work.
- Working knowledge of OSHA requirements desired. OSHA 10
certification is desirable, but not essential.
- Fully Authorized to work in the United States without
restrictions or need for sponsorship.Working Conditions
- Ability to work outside of a Monday through Friday schedule,
including holidays and weekends, at times when needed by the
- Location in / willingness to relocate to Boulder, Colorado, is
preferred. Remote work arrangement will be considered for the right
- Up to 25% travel required to project sites within the
- Mission-Orientation. High achievers who want to make a
difference in this world and contribute to Scout's stated
- Teamwork. Respectful and appreciative colleagues with strong
interpersonal skills and a commitment to fostering positive
relationships across organizational boundaries to deliver on shared
- Safety. Uncompromising advocates for the health and safety of
fellow employees, contractors, customers, and community
- Integrity. Ethical professionals who do the right thing even
when it is difficult.
- Initiative. Resourceful self-motivators who thrive in a
fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment because of their
exceptional leadership, work ethic, and organizational skills.
- Intelligence. Problem-solving learners who can make informed
decisions quickly and create innovative and pragmatic solutions to
challenging problems.Invitation to Women and U.S. Underrepresented
GroupsWe encourage applications from all demographics and
especially those that are traditionally underrepresented in the
energy industry. Consistent with our core values, Scout celebrates
the diversity of thought and experience that comes from a range of
backgrounds including, but not limited to, gender, race, and
ethnicity.Invitation to VeteransScout welcomes veterans of the
United States Armed Forces to apply for this position. Scout
includes veterans of all branches and a diverse set of occupational
specialties. We value the independent thinking, problem solving,
leadership, and teamwork that our veterans have developed through
their service. We welcome applications from any service and any
military occupational specialty.CompensationTarget base salary:
$65,000 - $80,000 (Negotiable for the right candidate.)Attractive
bonus potential.Scout offers a full range of benefits, including
medical/dental/vision insurance with attractive premiums, 401(k)
match, STD, LTD, an Employee Assistance Program, and a range of
optional supplemental insurance coverage.Do you fit this
description? Please apply below. For more information:
www.scoutcleanenergy.com JOB CODE: 140-22
Keywords: Scout Clean Energy, LLC, Boulder , Associate Construction Project Manager - Renewable Energy, Professions , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!