Company: SRI International
Posted on: March 19, 2023
US-CA-Menlo Park - US-CO-Boulder - US-MI-Ann Arbor -
US-NJ-Princeton - US-CA-Remote
SRI International has an opening for a Business Analyst, located
near an office in Menlo Park, CA, Ann Arbor, MI, Boulder, CO or
Princeton, NJ to work a hybrid schedule, or a fully remote schedule
in the US. They will collect, analyze, and interpret project and
contract data for actionable decisions. This position is within the
Advanced Technology and System Division's (ATSD) Project Management
Office (PMO). The vision of ATSD is to create competitive
advantages for our customers by inventing new technology and
concepts resulting in disruptive, low cost, and high-performance
solutions. The division advances the state of the art in diverse
areas such as radar and electronic warfare; novel imaging
technology; robotics; quantum sensing and metrology; marine
technology; and applied optics. The PMO enhances communications,
keeps routine tasks routine, and optimizes technical discovery at
scale. The successful candidate will:
- Work independently to routinely
deliver high quality results.
- Interact with both technical and business focused teams.
- Approach challenges with a solutions-based mindset and master
new tasks quickly.
- Thrive on open collaboration and intellectual curiosity.
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate project performance data
using SRI's online software systems.
- Analyze trends providing insight into unusual project
- Monitor timeliness of project deliverables across entire PMO
- Identify and mitigate program cost and schedule risk.
- Ensure follow-up so that analysis and reporting outcomes are
reviewed and implemented.
- Assist in creation of effective processes and routines for data
driven decision making.
- Develop and maintain timely project performance reports for
internal reviews and audits.
- Consult with business, functional, and technical staff to
forecast project resources.
- Work cooperatively with the business, functional, and technical
staff to address internal and external customer requests.
- Assist with monitoring and staff training in the use of
corporate online systems including forecasts, purchase orders, and
project data repositories.
- Provide suggestions that influence changes to improve reporting
accuracy within our systems and processes.
- Support additional business and project data analysis requests
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years relevant experience.
- Proven increasing responsibilities is a plus.
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a
government security clearance.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- SharePoint and Power Automate workflow creation is a plus.
- Proficient with Costpoint, MicroStrategy, or Workday Adaptive
- Proven Excel power user: Lookups, Tables & Charts, Pivot
Tables, Index & Match, Multi-Cell Formulas, Named Ranges,
Conditional Formatting, Data Validation. (VBA and Macro authoring
is a plus).
- Capacity to support multiple tasks simultaneously and ability
to change focus as priorities shift.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and ensure high quality
through attention to details and requirements. Desired
- Working knowledge of program/project management software:
Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, or Smartsheet.
- Working knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma, or DMAIC principles.
- PMP or CAPM certification or desire to obtain. The salary range
is: $66,896-$110,800. Salary ranges will vary and are based on
several factors, including geographic location, market
competitiveness and equity amongst internal employees in similar
roles. Positions may also qualify for SRI's Pay for Outstanding
Performance program or the annual Performance Based Compensation
program. SRI also has a competitive benefits package, to view
details please go to https://www.sri.com/resources/benefits/. SRI
International, an over 75-year strong pioneering research
institute, has a rich history supporting government and industry.
Our innovations have created new industries, billions of dollars in
market value and lasting benefits to society. SRI is organized
around broad disciplines and capabilities, with research and
development divisions and labs to groups who excel at identifying
new opportunities, developing products and creating custom
solutions. Our organization is driven by impact - delivering unique
solutions for the world's important challenges and transforming
ideas into reality for clients and partners.
Keywords: SRI International, Boulder , Business Analyst, Professions , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...