Posted on: November 19, 2023
Description Looking for an opportunity to make an impact? Join
the Leidos Civil IT (CivIT) team in accelerating cybersecurity in a
changing world where we make a difference by protecting critical
networks for our government and commercial customers. Leidos Civil
Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are
a trusted partner to both government and highly regulated
commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in
mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We
work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National
Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom
and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the
world safer, healthier, and more efficient. To explore and learn
more about the Leidos Civil Group, click here! Are you ready to
challenge yourself with an organization that encourage & support
career growth on an enterprise-wide scale? Your greatest work is
ahead! Leidos is looking for a new Cyber Analyst to join our
Security Operations Center (SOC) in Fairmont, WV/Boulder, CO in
support of our customer at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric
Administration (NOAA). The NOAA SOC comprises of 20 analysts
performing 24/7 operations.Learn more about NOAA here: Primary
- Perform against established operational rhythm, expectations,
and standards for Security Operations Center (SOC) analysts
- Part of the 24x7 operations of the NOAA SOC, supporting shift
- Perform incident handling responsibilities with direct
interface to customers and management team
- Perform analysis on anomalous behavior based on log data from
firewalls, packet capture, web proxy services, network flow
analysis, intrusion detection, and malware analysis tools
- Operate freely to further investigate and escalate in
accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs
- Identify areas of improvement for SOC processes and tools to
enhance the mission
- Provide teaching / mentoring junior levelsBasic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of prior relevant background to
operate within the scope contemplated by the level or a Master's
with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience; experience in
lieu of degree may be acceptable.
- Prior background performing as a SOC analyst
- Working knowledge of SIEM solutions and incident management
- Technical understanding of core cybersecurity technologies as
well as emerging capabilities.
- Strong systematic and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- CEH, GCIH, or relevant IT technology certification is
- Upbeat and positive attitude
- Hands-on cybersecurity exposure.
- Demonstrated comprehension of the life cycle of cybersecurity
threats, attacks, attack vector, and methods of exploitation with a
grasp of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures
- Familiarity or background in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber
Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Familiarity with Cloud concepts and background performing
monitoring and replying to threats in Cloud environments.
- Familiarity with the NOAA mission.Clearance:
- Must be a U.S Citizen.
- Be able to maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top
Secret Clearance (Interim Top Secret or adjudicated Secret
- Fairmont, WV
- Boulder, CO Pay Range: Pay Range $63,050.00 - $97,000.00 -
$130,950.00 The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general
guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but
are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education,
experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal
equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement
(if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Boulder , Intrusion Analyst, Professions , Boulder, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!